Saturday, August 2, 2008

Mega-truths of the Masked

The far-reaching implications of this next post will resonate in ways you cannot possibly preclude. It is trifold in its intent.

The following paragraphs contain my attempt to: further theorize on the potential discrepency between our self-percieved versus outwardly-constructed identities, present an example to illustrate an aspect of self that was at one time revealed by our revered Christine about her own innerworkings, and, in a very concise way... (wait for it)... bring this little publication fuuuuullllllll circle.

My ambitions are endless,

and

I shall keep you in anticipation no longer.

You've seen Batman. You love Batman. No one you know is better equipped to grapple with the dark, complex intricacies of the individual psyche than Batman. Perhaps you all will recall the scene in Batman Begins when Bruce Wayne poignantly utters this: "It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me." Batman says so. (This is not up for discussion.) In accordance with my unwavering conviction that all truths come from the mouth of the caped crusader, my proposal unravels thus: Our true selves are ONLY manifested by our actions.* Literally.

Now, you'd better sit down. Christian Bale, the dashing, self-actualized star of this film, happens to be none other that Miss Holm's first Hollywood crush. (A telling fact, indeed.) Furthermore, and not ironically, this particular fellow was the subject of the very first photograph posted as a basis for this site.

Wrap your head around that.

*Morally, I feel somewhat obligated to mention that my self-righteous prosecutor girlfriend may have helped a little in reaching this valuable, though vitriolic, conclusion.

No comments: